Hello, long neglected blog. I've been busy with spice kits and other creative endeavors.
Here are some quick shots of food served at my annual Oscar party last night. I didn't have time to shoot everything but it will give you an idea of the offerings. The theme was French food, inspired by the movie Julie & Julia.
Yes, I wore pearls.
- port poached figs with rosemary black pepper chevre and walnuts on puff pastry crackers (first photo)
- tartines with black olive tartinade and crushed pistachios (second photo)
- tartines with diced hass avodcado, balsamic caviar and smoked paprika (third photo)
- ricotta and sultana stuffed crêpes with a pear, ginger and lime sauce
- du puy lentil salad spoons with steamed haricots verts and turmeric shrimp
- mixed greens with fresh dill and a walnut vinaigrette
- chocolate cream cake (a Julia Child recipe)